City of Worcester Planning & Regulatory Services Division is seeking a Conservation Planner/Agent:
Planning & Regulatory Services Division
The City of Worcester is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Conservation Planner/Agent. This position provides professional administrative support for the Conservation Commission and manages municipal programs related to wetlands protection and open space conservation, including administration of the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and City of Worcester Wetlands Protection Ordinance. This position serves as an agent of the Conservation Commission with responsibility for inspection and enforcement of Commission actions. A Bachelor's degree in environmental science, civil or environmental engineering, planning, or a related field, and four or more years of related experience required; A Master's degree in a relevant field is preferred and may be substituted for one year of professional experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
* Working knowledge of local, state and federal wetlands and environmental protection laws and regulations;
* Ability to develop and maintain productive interpersonal relationships and work collaboratively across professional and departmental boundaries within and between organizations;
* Ability to use professional expertise, critical thinking and interpersonal skills to accomplish varied functions requiring considerable judgment and initiative in determining courses of action;
* Detail oriented and strong organizational, written, oral communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
* Proficiency with personal computers and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
Other preferred qualifications include: familiarity with principles and practices of natural resource conservation, ecology, land management, land development, erosion control methods, and zoning; customer service experience in a public setting; working knowledge of GIS and Adobe Acrobat software.
Starting salary: $61,591.58 to $68,458.28 annually, plus benefits.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment<http://www.worcesterma.gov/employment> or send resume and cover letter to Human Resources Department, Room 109, 455 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608 by October 13, 2017. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Preference is given to Worcester residents.