*Part-time Economic Development Coordinator*
*Town of Grafton*
The town of Grafton is seeking applications from qualified individuals for
the part-time position of Economic Development Coordinator. This position
supports and coordinates the efforts of the town economic plan to diversify
the tax base. This person will also routinely communicate and collaborate
with town officials and businesses located in Grafton, and various boards
and committees including the Economic Development Commission. Qualified
applicants must be available to attend EDC meetings/events outside of
normal business hours. Grants administration, marketing experience and
website development will be considered an asset, as is comprehension of
state and local government. Applicants shall possess a bachelor's degree
(B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to three years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience. Public relations and writing skills required. Full job
description is posted on www.grafton-ma.gov. This is a 19.5 hour
[non-benefitted] per week position; salary up to $29.50 per hour.
Interested applicants should apply online at
by forwarding a resume and cover letter to Rebecca Meekins at
email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Grafton Memorial Municipal Center
30 Providence Road
Grafton, MA 01519
Phone (508) 839-5335 x1144
Fax (508) 839-4602
Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development District (SRPEDD)
Under the supervision of the Comprehensive Planning Manager, performs a wide variety of planning tasks necessary to support the day-to-day functions of a busy Regional Planning Agency.
Job duties include: conducting land use, transportation and environmental analyses, transportation and other planning-related studies; drafting plan elements (Master Plans, Housing Production Plans, Open Space and Recreation Plans, etc.); preparing bylaw amendments; managing geo-databases, and designing/laying out model professional reports; serving as staff liaison to area committees, and making presentations at public meetings; collaborating with fellow planners, and helping facilitate enhanced regional planning and planning coordination across Southeastern MA. Other duties as assigned. Attendance at some night meetings required.
A Master's Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or closely related field is preferred; advanced capability with GIS, AICP certification and municipal planning experience a plus.
For additional information see www.srpedd.org<http://www.srpedd.org>
Please forward cover letter, resume, and five (5) professional references via email no later than November 17, 2017 to:
Jeffrey Walker, Executive Director
SRPEDD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
PRINCIPAL PLANNER. Full time with benefits. Bachelor's or Master's degree in planning or related field. Significant experience required in community and economic development, report writing and delivery, and public presentation. Experience in other planning disciplines a plus. For more info see job description at http://www.mrpc.org/. Salary $55,159 based on education and relevant experience. Position is open until filled. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> or MRPC, 464 Abbott Avenue, Fitchburg, MA<https://maps.google.com/?q=464+Abbott+Avenue,+Fitchburg,+MA%C2%A0+01420&entry=gmail&source=g> 01420<https://maps.google.com/?q=464+Abbott+Avenue,+Fitchburg,+MA%C2%A0+01420&entry=gmail&source=g>. Candidates must have valid driver's license and/or the ability to arrange transportation to meetings in different parts of the region. MRPC is AA/EEO.
Montachusett Regional Planning Commission
Please be advised that the Massachusetts Secretary of State considers e-mail to be a public record, and therefore subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66 ? 10.
City of Pittsfield has created a new Business Development Manager position. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional to join a vibrant administration and help us foster the growth of our business community and tax base. Here is the link to the posting:
Deanna L. Ruffer
Community Development Director
City of Pittsfield
70 Allen Street, Rm 205
Pittsfield, MA 01201
City of Worcester Planning & Regulatory Services Division is seeking a Conservation Planner/Agent:
Planning & Regulatory Services Division
The City of Worcester is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Conservation Planner/Agent. This position provides professional administrative support for the Conservation Commission and manages municipal programs related to wetlands protection and open space conservation, including administration of the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and City of Worcester Wetlands Protection Ordinance. This position serves as an agent of the Conservation Commission with responsibility for inspection and enforcement of Commission actions. A Bachelor's degree in environmental science, civil or environmental engineering, planning, or a related field, and four or more years of related experience required; A Master's degree in a relevant field is preferred and may be substituted for one year of professional experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
* Working knowledge of local, state and federal wetlands and environmental protection laws and regulations;
* Ability to develop and maintain productive interpersonal relationships and work collaboratively across professional and departmental boundaries within and between organizations;
* Ability to use professional expertise, critical thinking and interpersonal skills to accomplish varied functions requiring considerable judgment and initiative in determining courses of action;
* Detail oriented and strong organizational, written, oral communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
* Proficiency with personal computers and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
Other preferred qualifications include: familiarity with principles and practices of natural resource conservation, ecology, land management, land development, erosion control methods, and zoning; customer service experience in a public setting; working knowledge of GIS and Adobe Acrobat software.
Starting salary: $61,591.58 to $68,458.28 annually, plus benefits.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment<http://www.worcesterma.gov/employment> or send resume and cover letter to Human Resources Department, Room 109, 455 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608 by October 13, 2017. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
Zoning and Code Enforcement Agent:
Responsible for conducting building, zoning enforcement reviews in connection with all applications for building permits, special permits, site plan reviews and comprehensive permits. Additionally, responsible for investigating and following up in writing on all building and zoning complaints that may be filed for either a current development project or any perceived building and zoning violation.
Development Services Assistant:
This position will provide customer service support for the Planning and Inspectional Services department and processing applications for a variety of development and related permits. This includes responding to inquiries via telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face requests from residents, contractors, public officials, and other City employees. The position will act as a liaison between the Inspectional Services Department (ISD) and/or Planning and Development Department (PDD) and the community; and other duties as may be assigned to this staff support position.
Additional opening in transportation and engineering may be of interest to fellow planners and colleagues.
Long Range Planner
The Town of Wellesley has issued an RFP for the Development of a Housing Production Plan. The RFP may be found at the following link: http://www.wellesleyma.gov/Bids.aspx?BidID=7
Michael D. Zehner, AICP, LEED Green Assoc.
Town of Wellesley - Planning Department
525 Washington Street, Wellesley, MA 02482
Phone: 781.431.1019 x2234 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
The Town of Amherst Planning Department is excited to be seeking an Associate Planner.
Christine M. Brestrup, Planning Director
Planning Department Town of Amherst
Town Hall 4 Boltwood Avenue
Amherst Massachusetts 01002
The City of Lowell is hiring an Assistant Planner. Please see attached for the job posting. Applicants can also view the full job description here: http://www.lowellma.gov/jobs.aspx?jobID=80 .
Christine McCall | Senior Planner
Department of Planning and Development
The City of Lowell
375 Merrimack St. | Lowell, MA 01852
t: 978.674.1472 | f: 978.446.7103 |
LOWELL Alive. Unique. Inspiring
Urban Renewal & Relocation Coordinator - (170005JM)
Official Title: Administrative Officer IV
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-100 Cambridge Street
Job: Administrative Services
Agency: Department of Housing & Community Development
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2017, 12:57:08 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: $65,965.12 - $95,152.20 Yearly
Bargaining Unit: 06-NAGE - Professional Admin.
The Urban Renewal and Relocation Coordinator position is within Department of Housing and Community Development's Community Services Division.
The incumbent oversees all operations of the Bureau of Relocation (BOR), established by M.G.L. c. 79A to ensure fair and equitable treatment of displaced persons (i.e., residents & businesses displaced from public projects such as land takings and/or development activities) throughout the Commonwealth. He/she coordinates urban renewal program activities under M.G.L c. 121B including monitoring urban renewal related grants and contracts; reviewing plans, amendments, and related documentation for consistency with statue and regulatory requirements; and preparing recommendations for agency action. The incumbent also provides assistance to municipalities on community and economic development, municipal management and growth management issues.
The ideal candidate will have a detailed knowledge of MGL c. 79A and federal statutes relating to property acquisition, displacement and relocation with at least 3 years of professional, administrative, supervisory or managerial experience in the field of relocation. Familiarity or knowledge of municipal government operations is required along with knowledge of the Federal Uniform Relocation Act. A Master's degree in a related field such as Urban and Regional Planning is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
1. Coordinates urban renewal program activities under M.G.L c. 121B including:
* Oversight and monitoring of activities for the urban renewal program,
* Review of plans, amendments and related documentation for consistency with statute and regulatory requirements, and preparation of recommendations for agency action,
* Monitoring of urban renewal related grants and contracts, and
* Maintenance of program files, records and database.
2. Reviews and approves designation of Relocation Advisory Agencies and Relocation Plans.
3. Provides interpretation of relocation statute & regulations as necessary.
4. Reviews and approves relocation claim submissions to ensure compliance.
5. Conducts site visits to ensure compliance with BOR policies and statutory & regulatory requirements and provides technical assistance and training as needed.
6. Mediates issues prior to and during the local grievance procedure and monitors Department hearings regarding appeals of local grievance determinations.
7. Provides assistance to municipalities on community development, municipal management and growth management issues.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Detailed knowledge of MGL Chapter 79A and experience with interpretation and implementation of statutes and regulations relating to property acquisition, displacement and relocation.
2. Detailed working knowledge of federal statutes and regulations relating to property acquisition, displacement and relocation.
3. Working knowledge of real estate appraisals.
4. Working knowledge of local government operations.
5. A general knowledge of government and local development issues.
6. Experience in conflict resolution.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
9. Ability to understand, explain and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to BOR and to Department programs.
10. Ability to work within close time constraints.
11. Ability to work with commonly used management information systems, computer software, and database applications.
12. A Master's degree in a related field such as Urban and Regional Planning is preferred.
13. Familiarity or knowledge of municipal government operations is required, municipal experience is preferred.
14. Demonstrated ability to administer program rules, perform program oversight, and to communicate effectively with the public is required.
15. At least 3 years of professional, administrative, supervisory or managerial experience in the field of relocation.
16. Knowledge of MGL c. 79A and federal Uniform Relocation Act is required.
The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is within the Housing and Economic Development Secretariat and its work touches the lives of all Massachusetts residents. DHCD's mission is to strengthen cities, towns and neighborhoods to enhance the quality of life of Massachusetts residents by providing leadership, professional assistance and financial resources to promote safe, decent, affordable housing opportunities, economic vitality of communities and sound municipal management.
Salary placement is determined by years of experience and education directly related to the position and the Human Resources Division's Recruiting Guidelines. In the case of a promotional opportunity, the salary provisions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement will apply to placement within the salary range.
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines. Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
Please attach a resume when applying for this position.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days (10/03/17).
Applicants must have at least (A) five years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional, administrative, supervisory or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, financial management, or professional experience in a particular specialty (i.e. scientific, professional, or technical), and (B) of which three years must have been in a supervisory or managerial capacity, or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
Incumbents may be required to have a current and valid motor vehicle driver's license at a class level specific to assignment.
I. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management, public administration, financial management, or degree related directly to the specialty may be substituted for one year of the required (A) experience.
II. A Graduate or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management, public administration, financial management, or degree related directly to the specialty may be substituted for two years of the required (A) experience.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Nancy DePaul - 617-573-1255
HOW TO APPLY
Create profile and apply online at https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=170005JM